The modeling committee is responsible for the development of water quality modeling tools that will serve as the foundation for water quality management decisions. The committee requirements and goals are:
- Identify load reductions needed to meet WQ standards
- Identify and establish Data Quality Objectives (e.g. modeling parameters and standards) to be used in current and future modeling.
- Recommend metrics of success
- Identify Data Quality Objectives in a brief report
- Coordinate with monitoring committee on Data Quality Objectives and minimum data requirements
- Develop Model Enhancement Plan for total nitrogen
- Develop Model Enhancement Plan for total phosphorus
Modeling Committee Participants
- City of Greenville
- Greenville County
- Home Builders Association of Greenville, SC
- South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control
- United States Environmental Protection Agency
- Upstate Forever
Committee Activity Summaries
- In September the Modeling Committee provided the Monitoring Committee the data inventory and gap analysis that identifies the additional data needed to complete the water quality model updates. While the data inventory and gap analysis is being evaluated, the modeling committee continues to work on their action items for the development of the model enhancement plans.
- At their August 27, 2015 meeting, the modeling committee achieved a significant milestone by coming to agreement on a draft data inventory and data gap analysis for the combined watershed and water quality model. The data inventory and gap analysis identifies the additional data that may need to be collected by the monitoring committee or other means. The next step is to forward the data inventory and gap analysis to the Monitoring Committee for an evaluation of cost, time, and other feasibility questions and then on to the Executive Committee for any needed approval. Ultimately the data inventory and gap analysis as well as a statement of modeling approach (in development) are all components of the Model Enhancement Plans the committee was tasked with developing at the Big Tent Meeting.